Monday, October 6, 2014

#revelation

3-Generations

Molo Buthi's,

Well things this side are, as always, going really well! I am honestly really loving and enjoying mission! We have some of the greatest guys in the world here, all trying to push the Lord's work forward. It's a wonderful quest to be a part of!
"Your vision becomes clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." -Carl Gustav Jung
I was really impressed and loved the talk, I think it was in Priesthood session by President Uchtdorf where he spoke about, "Lord, is it I?" I really think that is something that we all need to do! We all need to just stop and take a moment to look at ourselves and from there make the changes necessary to become better and improve. Many times we, being blinded, will look at and try to point out others faults in an effort to help us feel better about ourselves. Really we need to take some advice from Michael Jackson and start with "the man in the mirror." Only once we do that will we be able to improve ourselves and lift up others while we are all fighting to make it through this probationary state that we call life. Life is hard enough without us making it harder on each other.
Conference was amazing! I LOVED Elder Hollands talk so much. He seriously just pumps me up with his speeches. I was super grateful to have heard it because there are so many poor/destitute people out here in SA and sometimes it's hard to know how to deal with them. They always ask for money, but honestly money will not truly help them. It reminds me of peter, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." So cool. I just basically apply that to how I deal with people here. I don't have money to give them, but I do have a testimony to share and love to show. So I give them that, and I think that has been a blessing to them. We can raise up and help others through this gospel. It is the greatest blessing/gift that we can give. So missionary work is where it's at.
Look up and read those two talks! I am still excited to hear the Sunday Afternoon Session of conference next Sunday after church! Speaking of conference we had three investigators come to watch it! Monica, Malvin and then a boy named Aya. Monica and Malvin actually just went out and bought themselves new clothes just to be able to come to church. Malvin got a slick haircut and was looking pretty classy I have to say. They loved church and all felt the spirit. Monica told me that she wants to be baptized, so it's too cool to hear from her and know how the words of Prophets really can hit someone. I promised them both to have a question in their mind and as they listen their question WOULD be answered. They all said that happened. Real nice to see how the Lord works through his servants. Revelation really is what our church is built upon. Aren't we so blessed to have men that are entitled to revelation to help guide us through this wicked world? 
Also, I would like to challenge you all to start using social media to spread the good news of the gospel. I feel like at times I did just that, but I realize that there is so much power that comes with all the people we are able to reach and touch with our words, photos and videos. So lets all post something now about our testimonies, what makes us truly happy, or about how life is just worth living.
The flame of my faith is burning as bright as ever! I am so happy. I am training Elder Dryer. It's a new experience working to help an elder adjust and get into missionary life, but it is something I am learning a lot from. I realize that I just have so much to work on and improve on, but I want to use it as an opportunity to grow instead of get down on myself. I love my companion. He is a great guy! He is from Ogden Utah, plays the drums, loves music, and is big into computer networking. Real smart guy. He has a testimony and loves mission already, so he will do great. 
I love you all so much. Never look back, we have so much ahead.
@eldermitchellryanthayne



No comments:

Post a Comment