Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"Today I don't feel like doing anything...I just wanna lay in my bed." Bruno Mars

I am so tired.

This week has been unreal. Elder Martinez and I really hit the ground running. We both want what's best for these people, so we just keep pushing each other to lay it all on the line, every day. He, of course, is always there to help encourage and uplift me when I am needing it, and I try to do the same. We have just been trying to make the most of every hour. We teach our progressing investigators, meet with members (less active and active), follow up referrals and then make every effort to find and teach more people. The Lord see's the effort and blesses us.

We were really going hard this week, and I think the favorite thing Elder Martinez has ever said to me was, "I am actually physically exhausted. President at the beginning of my mission told me that I would feel like this some days, but I never felt this until now." Then I asked him how he felt about it though. He just smiled and said, "It's awesome." So we really are loving our time together, even though we are both SO dang tired at the end of the day. 

I think that is our one struggle with obedience. We are so tired in the morning, the alarm goes off at 6:30 AM and we both just lay there, staring at each other, just waiting for the other to make the first move.. Ten minutes later or so one of us just groans, falls to our knees and starts praying. After that we go about the regular morning schedule. That is probably our biggest struggle though, we are so tired! It's a good feeling though.

The other elders in the District are really doing great. Elder Manqele, is just as loving and sweet as ever. Elder Muller was telling me that he was probably his hardest working companion... Over Elder Mmusi (Who was one dang hardworking son of a gun)! Which was really awesome to hear. They have been putting forth every effort and their area really is cranking out a lot of lessons which DID not happen last transfer.. The elders really are trying, and I am seeing how God is blessing us. Even some of the other elders when they see us, ask how things are going. I just sit there smiling and listen to Elder Martinez say how much he is loving the area and how he wants to stay with me and be in Grassy Park for six months... Now who on earth would say that!? Grassy Park? Six months? A month ago if we heard that we would be wondering what that elder did wrong to have President punish him with such an area for so long.


It's legit being a district leader again! Not as much responsibility, so I can just focus on the work and focus on helping these elders be the best they can be. President Monson says, “There is no dividing line between our prosperity and our neighbor’s wretchedness. ‘Love thy neighbor’ is more than a divine truth. It is a pattern for perfection. This truth inspires the familiar charge, ‘Go forth to serve.’  Try as some of us may, we cannot escape the influence our lives have upon the lives of others. Ours is the opportunity to build, to lift, to inspire, and indeed to lead. The New Testament teaches that it is impossible to take a right attitude toward Christ without taking an unselfish attitude toward men.” - I believe that. Life is just about the relationships, the rest is just details. We are here to serve.

I don't know what more to say. The work is moving forward. We found and have taught several other wonderful people. We are just trying to wake the members up and get them involved. I do realize though that we have to just be patient, but persistent with them. So in time. Our biggest challenge I think is getting people to church. So family, please pray for the Lord to help us with that.

I don't really have any crazy stories this week. Last week we DID see the family whose son was killed. We taught them and they just cried and cried, but felt comforted after the lesson.

Well, love you guys!





At Fish Hoek


Penguins in Africa, LEGIT!



Brother Mike... Mom and Dad, you WILL meet him when we come out here. :]


Chocolate Orange




With Elder Labrum from good old Lehi Utah North Stake


A bunch of us on top of Devil's Peak this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment