Sunday, September 27, 2015

SLOW-DOWN-TURBO

Molweni.

This week has been a slower, but more productive in actually building the area. We counselled as a District on how we can really build the ward and build the areas so they will continue to do great things, even after we leave. Because I know many missionaries can fall into the whole: Come into an area, crank it, get some people to church, baptize them, then leave and there isn't too much else going on. We talked about how we are here to strengthen and change the ward, then the baptisms and everything else will come. We have a great ward mission leader who is SO excited about this member missionary work and is always asking for our instruction and thoughts. He is very involved which is amazing. We are going to start working in a part of the other elders area. They just have too much ground to cover and too many members, so we are taking the Muizenburg portion of their area so we can all really start laying the foundation for member missionary work with ALL of the families, rather than just a few.

This week I went on exchanges with Elder Muller and it was VERY good for both of us. We were able to talk a lot together about what we can do better. I think last transfer was a real learning experience for him and he really wants to do and be good. I am very impressed by him and his willingness to work and is adaptability in the lessons. He has a solid foundation and really is excited about the work. It's always nice to be with a missionary who knows what he is doing. It makes the work just fly by. We got to teach some sweet people. One of the families was the Anohene family. I will include a picture or two of us at their house.

Things with Elder Martinez and I are going well. I think the Lord is humbling us a bit. I have noticed he was very excited about the rapid success we were having, and he started voicing it to every elder and member he could, despite my cautioning.. So now, he is learning the lesson of "those who seek after the praise of men, have their reward" sort of deal. It's all good, most people need to learn that the most important recognition we should seek after, is the recognition of the Lord.

Things are great. Nothing too crazy or out of this world to tell you. I am just really happy about the work and life.

As I have been steadily approaching the end of my mission, I have really just been trying to stay focused. I don't want to become the, "Ohh no, I need to just frantically give it my all because I feel like I need to make up for something" sort of missionary. My homie, Brendon Nielson, talked to me about that. I just want to keep working hard and keep loving it because I love the Lord, I love the missionaries, I love the people and I love the gospel. It's been the greatest and the most life-changing experience of my life. This whole coming home thing... TOTALLY BLOWS! I feel similar to the way I had felt when the time was ticking down til I left home to come out here. Just excited, but feeling a bit sick to my stomach thinking about how it'll be so long till I see these wonderful people that I love again, you know? So yeahh, it is really hard. Any advice on that? How to prepare for home? I am going to get thrown back into Babylon and everything that comes with it. I want to be ready and not just totally out of my game when I do.

I found this quote this week:

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought that I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better." 

Can I get an amen? Hallelujah. 

I always thought that I know how my life is supposed to go. I felt that I was the master of my fate. I realize now that was a foolish and narrow minded way to think. And yes, to a point I might be in control of my life, but ultimately my fate/destiny is something so much greater and so much more powerful than I could even comprehend. I think that is how it is for most of us. We see only a VERY small part of our full potential. We just need to realize that there is someone who see's us not just for who we are, or who we were, but who we WILL be as we draw near to Him. 2 Nephi 2:24 - Preaches it.

The Lord, as of late, has really been redirecting my life. He really has been changing my thoughts and feelings towards what I want to accomplish, become and give to others in my life. I think Heavenly Father is teaching me to trust Him. These past two years He has been using me as a tool to help others redirect and change their lives towards a greater and more eternal destiny. God IS changing lives, and He is letting me be a part of it, because he wants me to KNOW that I can trust him my own. He desires that I can reach the level of trust where I can turn my life over and know that he is also going to lead me to something better and greater than I can do on my own. Proverbs has it right. "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

So my message is, STOP THINKING YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT HIM. You can't, I can't, We can't. He is the way to unlocking our true potential. He is the way to find true happiness. He is the only way.

Love,

Mdala Mitchell Ryan Thayne





With Elder Muller



P Day Activity


Hiking Table Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment