Monday, December 8, 2014

Leaving's never EASY!


Shoot, leaving an area never get's easier anytime around. I am going to miss the Panorama Ward and all the wonderful people I have served with. Most of all I think I will miss my son Elder Dryer. He has been such a great companion. In more ways than just what is obvious though. He has really taught me so much. He has taught me the power that love has to influence and help unite a companionship. Ask anyone, him and I are two polar opposites, but I remember my first car ride from the mission home headed to our area where I told him no matter what I loved him and I had his back. Ever since then he has had the same outlook, and that has made all the difference in our companionship. Elder Dryer has high expectations for himself and his mission. I don't think you ever need to worry about him just sliding by or doing the minimum. I am really proud of him, as I know you are as well.
My goodness family, I am proud of all of you. Just so everyone else can know...My mother actually just spoke in a stake conference with Elder D. Todd Christofferson. She was assigned to speak on humility. Two days before her talk she woke up in the night to let my dog outside then, since she had stood up too fast, she fainted and hit her face on the floor. She had a big ol' nasty black eye. Luckily she has a killer sense of humour and said she used it as an object lesson in her talk. She is pretty much the best. 
Something interesting happened this week as I was doing my studies. President has given me a list of like fifty seven scriptures and several quotes that he want's me to write two paragraphs each on.. I am on about page 21. Many of the verses all drive home the same idea... "Repent, and I, the Lord, will forgive you." But with each verse I had different perspectives and thoughts that came to me. As I wrote down the paragraphs on it I realized how much I was learning. Now I just need to actually apply it. It was amazing for me to realize that as we learn by the spirit, different things that we never could have come up with on our own are revealed to us.
Well, I am headed to East London! I will be working with Elder Matini from Samoa. He sounds like a great guy, so I am excited to get the work moving over there with him and try to make a difference. It'll take a lot of work, but I know the ward and everyone will be really great. I have met a few of them before when I was serving in Mdantsane. 
I don't have much more to say though... Love you guys!
Elder Mitchell Ryan Thayne

Saying Goodbye to some of my Favorite Peeps.






No comments:

Post a Comment