Monday, February 17, 2014

Choices

It has been an unreal week. I feel like I had a personal breakthrough with myself and the Lord. I decided that I am just going to let go. Obviously since I love people and things back home I think about them/worry about them. I have come to the realization that by doing so I have been holding myself and those I love back from blessings that we all could be receiving by me letting myself go and fall fully into missionary work. So I am letting go.


As I really "let go" of my focus and worries of home I have seen blessings. Just this week we have gained six new investigators. A couple teenage girls, a few guys and a mama who are all excited and willing to listen to our message. We now have six people preparing for baptism and are feeling the Lord pour out his blessings on us. That is just with four days of me focusing on the Lord. How powerful will it be once I have been this way for the next 21 months?
The hardest part of life I think is for us "natural men" to let go of our will and start to align it with God's, but I can promise that once we do so, we will see and feel of blessings we never could imagine. 
The Lord is with us!
I have hardly any time to really write and update on how everything is going this week, but I hope everyone knows that I love them. All is well on this half of the world, and I am not going to rest until all of Mdantsane has the chance to hear the gospel.
I love you all!
Keep the faith.
Elder Mitchell Ryan Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment