Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In the 11th Hour

I feel like things are always happening to me that I don't expect. I guess that is just missionary life. I signed up for this, so it's cool.

I have been in Grassy Park for six weeks, but my time has already come to an end. In the 11th hour of my mission the Lord called me to go serve in the office for my last six weeks. It'll be a big change and I know I'll learn a lot. I'll get to rub shoulders with some of the best of the best.

It's hard to leave, especially when I feel like we just got everything really starting to move forward, but I am happy that an awesome elder is replacing me. Elder Lafleur, who is the AP now is going to come and replace me here in Grassy Park, I know he will do an amazing job. I really look forward to hearing about the sweet things that they will do.

My new assignment is really different. Basically I don't have an area. My companion and I will be bouncing from area to area working with different elders throughout the mission and learning from them. We will be attending the Mowbray Ward whenever we are in Cape Town, but then when we are in the Eastern Cape we will be just bouncing around different wards with the Elders. It'll be cool because I will get to go back and see all of my areas.

Goodbye's in Grassy Park were pretty fast. We had General Conference - WHICH WAS AMAZING - so I just was able to say bye to most of the members right there, then went to two other homes and said bye to members there. I mean, it's sad, but six weeks really isn't a long time to really get attached to an area and to people. So I just told them I love them, and to take care of and work with the elders coming in.

Highlight from Conference: (I know this is a week late but we just barely saw it...) Henry B. Eyring's talk in priesthood session really hit me because of the recent changes in my last weeks of mission. 

He said,"Whatever your calling in the priesthood, you may have at times felt Heavenly Father was unaware of you. You can pray to know His will, and with the honest desire to do whatever He asks you to do, you will receive an answer.

Heavenly Father will allow you to feel that He knows you, that He appreciates your service, and that you are becoming worthy of the greeting from the Lord you want so much to hear: 'Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.'

It is my prayer that every priesthood holder will reach out in faith to rescue every soul for whom he is responsible. God will add His power to His servant’s efforts. Hearts of people will be touched to make the choices that will bring them along the gospel path toward happiness and away from sorrow.

It is my prayer as well that every priesthood holder will feel the loving and watchful care of Heavenly Father, of the Savior, and of the prophet of God in his calling in the priesthood.

I bear you my special witness that we are in the service of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. I testify that He has called you and me into His service knowing our capacities and the help we will need. He will bless our efforts beyond our fondest expectations as we give our all in His service."

That hit me between the eyes. The Lord knows me, he knows my calling. He knows what help I need. So I can trust that he will make me live up to and do what I am asked. I am excited to go out swinging these last six weeks. Your prayers, as always, are welcomed.

Love.

Mdala Mitchell Ryan Thayne



Goodbye's next to the taxi with the Mbombo Family.


Goodbyes next to their car with Brother Vincent and his family.


Goodbye with the district and our STUD of a ward mission leader Brother Michael Tonkin.


then a picture of me and Leslie, one of the cutest little girls in Africa.


Then a picture of me with the Chifarimba family on their couch. 


And a picture of me with the Kapela family on their two couches with my comp wearing sunglasses indoors... haha.


Then another picture of Michael Tonkin and I


A picture of a kid we call 2 chainz looking out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment