Monday, August 10, 2015

Make It Rain!

Family.

This week was pretty cool, it resulted in a lot of great work being done with the members and everyone.

I landed a super sick pair of "African Swag Pants" as us missionaries call them. They were given to me by an elder who was overweight on his luggage. They are basically some cool looking sweat pants. Just thought I'd let you know. I am pretty pumped about it.

We were able to baptize Siyakudumisa! It was such a powerful experience for me to get down into the water twice in three weeks. 

You RM's probably remember, but missionaries jobs on baptism days are always crazy, especially since the wards usually need to be coached with everything. So just before walking into the font I said a kneeling prayer asking God to calm my mind and help bring the spirit as we had that experience. It was amazing to me how I would have a thousand different thoughts running through my head, but as I put my arm to the square, the whole world seemed to stop to watch. Every time I say, "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ..." I just get hit with the spirit so hard. I love that feeling. We have a few more people that are going to be ready on the 30th of this month. It's awesome. - Member work, it's how it's done.

We had a lot happen this week, but due to time I can't share everything. We had our car get ULTRA stuck in the mud, but I swear half the men in eZibeleni, drunk and sober, came out to help us get the car out of the mud. So sweet. We are both so worn out from this week. We taught loads of people.

Also, we had this really angry white Afrikaner guy who after we walked away from knocking on his front door, hobbled up to us from where he was down the street and started screaming at us in Afrikaans. We didn't understand a word. Bare in mind, this guy is probably 80 something years old. Anyway, we kept trying to calm him down and tell him we couldn't understand, but then he pointed to his two dogs (super small and annoying) and started yelling, "You're trying to kill my dogs! I am calling my son and he will destroy you!" Well, we were trying to tell him we were not going to kill his dogs, but he wouldn't have it! "Yes you are! I now you people, SATANISTS FROM HELL!".... Whoa man, that escalated quickly. It's fine though, he just had some serious issues. We walked away shaking our heads hearing him curse at us. Matt 5:11 - "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." So it's all good. I have learned to just shake that stuff off. Persecuted for the Lord, YES!

I am so happy with where everything is. It's not perfect, but I am figuring it out. It's almost sad how at the tail end of our mission, we finally start to get how all of these things start to work together for the ultimate good of those we teach and even ourselves in our personal progression. Faith - Obedience - Diligence - Member Work - Charity - God's Hand... it all works together for accomplishing God's ultimate goal of bringing to pass our immortality and eternal life (Moses 1:39). Dang it! Why do I get this all at the end? Can't wait to continue making it happen though for these next few months.

Love you abantu.

- Mdala Thayne
















No comments:

Post a Comment